Something about me
I was born in the North of England where the moorlands of Northumberland and the mountainous landscapes of Cumberland continue to inspire most of my artwork in one way or another. I think these places directed me towards a career in art, ceramics and photography.
• I lived for several years in Wiltshire, with rolling chalk downlands, ancient hillforts and stone circles.
• I left there to study Art at College in Gloucestershire, and discovered Ceramics.
• I moved to Canterbury in Kent to study Ceramics & Education, then taught for some years in school, art college, prisons and on in-service courses for teachers.
• Migrated to Australia and transitioned from being a lecturer in Ceramics to a career in childrens' book Illustration.
• After returning to the UK I continued illustrating for a living with some part time ceramics lecturing and 3D computer modeling.